"Thank you" in frame

  Hi there!

I'm happy to write this post as it concerns the form that I made for the first time - namely the design in the frame. I was a bit stressed - the reason is that while I'm doing something for the first time and in addition it is made to order - I'm afraid that I'll not meet the customer's taste. I will tell you right away that this time I was able to satisfy a fantastic client and even got a praise! ;)

The frame size is 25cm x 25cm and the side is 4.5cm wide. The design is hidden behind the glass. The base is a paper from the "Love me Tender" collection by Margaret Paper Design, on which I applied the Knitting stencil. On top of this I applied a delicate layer of paste with a cracking effect. The edges are sewn on the machine - how could it be otherwise with me ?! I placed pieces of lace under the composition, a strip covered with washi tape and glued with another lace. In the "holes" I stuck pearl beads, curls cut with a die and torn gauze.



The flowers are made of foamiran - I received them some time ago from Magda Tkaczyk - during the exchange at the Cudna Paczka group. Around the flowers, there are paper leaves, cardboard leaves from the Botanic Mix nr. 23 and 4. On the side I put a bow made of Old Fashion Ribbon (you can buy it in the UK from me - text me on PRIV) and a tied string.



This stunning frame is of course my purchase from Dusty Attic. I embossed the inside with an embossing folder from Sizzix. Chipboards are secured with white gesso, then irregularly colored with gray gesso, on top of which I applied a cracked paste. I also developed the inscription Thank You and a charming pendant with a teddy bear and swirls on the right side of the frame. I hid a little mysterious key under the flowers and used my beloved butterflies for the finishing touches. I recorded the entire process of creating this project and it is available on my IG profile - I invite you to view it and leave your review.



At this art work, you can see a few more details, including: 3D pearls from Nuvo in several places and on the frame, miniature pebbles in various sizes from Finnabar, fabric gray mini flowers, white tiny flowers from Tim Holtz, dark splashes and pink wax from Finnabar, complementing the color consistency on almost each element.


The frame was originally white and slightly shiny. I secured it with gesso, put on the same stencil, gray gesso, paste with a crack effect, several layers of white paint, rubs and a pink wax finish. That's what I did. At the top, I put the phrase "Everything I am, you helped me to be", and at the bottom, the message "Anyone can be cool but AWESOME takes practice".



I'm terribly curious about your opinions, as this is my first framed work in this form. Write me what you think - I will be very pleased, even if I didn't meet anyone's taste. That's it for today.


Dusty Attic's products used here:







I'm preparing the inspirational project to the Dusty Attic's moodboard challenge.

See you soon!




Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Pudełko wspomnień - odsłona 5

Teściowa to bardzo fajny wynalazek!